8.16.2016

Manic Monday: Orange You Happy?!

Orange is one of those colors that can feel equally as bold as red, but it has a warmer energy.  While red can feel a little ferocious (not a bad thing!), orange feels sunny, dynamic, and inviting. 

I feel like it's a great color to wear to work for those very reasons.  It instantly puts me in a good mood, and orange often has that affect on people around you.

Skirt:  Eloquii (No longer available)
For today's look, I paired a silk button-down blouse in a pretty tangerine color with a simple A-line skirt.  I am definitely starting to think about fall fashion, and I loved that this look had a bit of a fall feel to it. 
Blouse:  Eloquii (Available here)
Booties:  ASOS (Available here)
Tote:  Target (Similar here)
Since it is still summer, I wanted to keep the overall color palette light so I added an aqua tote.  The mix of orange and aqua is one of my favorite color combinations and reminds me of the beach.
Glasses:  Coach
Locket:  Vintage
The overall look was simple, chic, and perfect for work!
For a more subdued and sophisticated take on orange, try pumpkin and rust oranges.  Pumpkin was a hot color on fall runways, so expect to see more of it as the weather cools down.  Wear it now with white, denim, turquoise, or blush pink for a summery desert/Southwestern feel.
Left to right:  Who What Wear Slip Dress; Prints Charming
Navel orange, peach, and coral are all easy shades for most people to wear and look great year-round.
From left to right: The Printed Midi; Nudes & Neutrals; Imitation Game:  Simply Cyn
Do you like to wear orange?

See more ways to wear orange from my previous Color & Confidence series here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!