3.06.2015

Laid-Back Layers

This past weekend, I attended a blogger meet-up at Alumni Saint Louis, a fab restaurant located in downtown St. Louis that offers tons of local flavor!
Sweater:  New York & Company (Available here)
My look for the event was casual and cozy, with a side of glam.
Dress:  H&M (Available here)
Tights:  New York & Company
Earrings:  Target
I paired my metallic print dress from H&M with a drapey sweater and opaque tights.  The result was a comfortable outfit that was also warm enough for when the snow started!  Seriously, knit dressing is the way to go for comfort!!!
Booties:  Target (Available here)
Clutch:  Vintage
Necklace:  shoxie.com
As comfortable as I was in this look, I am not in love with the proportions.  I had been on the fence about whether to have the dress hemmed shorter (see here for before and after).  After seeing it paired with the sweater, I'm definitely planning on taking it back to the tailor this weekend.

I'm all about the shorter hemline this year!  LOL
Ring:  Purchased at local jewelry show
How do you dress for both style AND comfort?  Any fun plans for this weekend?

For the dress in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!