11.04.2014

War and Peace

Happy Tuesday!  Hope your November is starting out well, and you've adjusted to Daylight Savings Time.  I'm not happy that it's dark when I leave work now, but it is what it is.  :-)

Today, I'm featuring a look I wore to a recent fashion show.  My coverage of the show is coming up soon, but I thought I'd post my outfit first.

Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company
Blazer:  The Limited
This look is a tweak on an outfit I actually came up with for last year's fall Fashion Week.  I call this my "War and Peace" look.

I've talked about how much I love balance in an outfit, and I think this look has just that.  

Tights:  The Limited
It has softness (dress) and structure (blazer) and more metaphorically, it's a balance of two forces - love and hate, peace and war.  I combined my "love" print tights with a military blazer and a bullet pendant.
Pendant:  eBay
Bracelets:  New York & Company; The Limited
Rings:  The Limited; Torrid
Ear cuff:  Torrid
Earrings:  New York & Company; The Limited (Available here)
Since I was anticipating having to stand for part of the event, I wanted some fairly comfortable shoes, so I went with my open-toe booties.
Booties:  Target
Fashion show coverage coming up this week!

For this dress in other looks, see here and here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!