11.13.2014

Less Is More + Karma Mantra Jewelry Feature

I used to be quite the queen of embellishment.  I loved tons of jewelry and would often create new ways to wear it, like pinning brooches on headbands or using various necklaces as bracelets.  I was never one to take off that extra piece of jewelry before I left the house.  If anything, I'd add another!
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
In more recent years, I have become much more streamlined and minimal with my accessories.  I'm still a fan of jewelry, but I tend to take a more subtle approach with it nowadays.

That's one of the things that attracted me to this simple beaded bracelet from Karma Mantra.  When Karma Mantra reached out to me regarding a collaborative opportunity, this lovely mix of black labradorite, red jade, and rose quartz seemed a great choice.

Bracelet:  c/o Karma Mantra (Available here)
Blouse:  The Limited
Rose quartz has long been a favorite stone of mine.  It's often called the "love stone" - a stone of unconditional love that it supposed to help open you up to love in all its forms.  To me, love is the strongest force of nature...why not metaphysically channel as much of it as possible?!

I love that Karma Mantra uses stones and designs inspired by founder Romell Bhaala's travels all over the world.

Earrings:  Express (old), Claire's (old), Target
Jacket:  The Limited
Keeping with the simplicity of this piece, I went with an all black tuxedo-inspired look.  Red peep-toe heels and a fun clutch add a bit of flair while the overall look is sleek and streamlined.

I prefer the sleeves of the jacket pushed up to show off the bracelet, but, my oh my...it is cold in my neck of the woods!!!

Clutch:  Amazon (Similar here)
Heels:  Target (old)
Do you prefer a minimalist use of jewelry, or are you a proponent of more is more?

For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.
For this top in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!