11.27.2014

I'm Thankful for...Cozy Knits & Lace


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here in the States!
Sweater:  Forever 21+ (old)
I admit...I'm not much of a "holiday" person, and the story of the first Thanksgiving leaves me a little annoyed, to say the very least (nothing like completely airbrushing history beyond recognition to tell a pretty story).

That said, there's something about Thanksgiving that I do love - it is a day of giving thanks - a day of being appreciative for the people who have helped make our lives easier over the last year, as well as those who have challenged us to be better/smarter/wiser people, the people who love us, the people who we love. 

It's a day of giving thanks for what we do have, rather than focusing on what we don't.

Skirt:  Torrid (old)
So, today, I remember to feel fortunate for so many loved ones in my life.  As I see five generations of my family in one house, I know how lucky I am to still have my grandmother and how blessed I am for the newest family edition, my great nephew.
Tights:  The Limited (old)
I remember too that family comes in more than one form.  It's not just our blood ties, but also the family that we choose.  I am so fortunate to have a couple close friends in my life.  I am also incredibly grateful for the extended network of friends and acquaintances I have gained through blogging.  The relationships I've made through blogging were not something I ever imagined when I first started.

I am so thankful to all of you who take time out of your days to stop by my blog.  Your kind words, suggestions, and general feedback mean so much to me.  I'm always happy to hear your thoughts, constructive criticism, and ideas for what you'd like to see on the blog!  I'm so inspired by the real human connections I've made through blogging, even if I have never met most of you.

Clutch:  Target (Available here)
Boots:  Target
Now, on to what this blog is all about - everyday fashion for women in the real world! 

Today, I'm sharing my Thanksgiving look.  My family doesn't really get dressed up for the holidays, but I also wanted a look that had a bit of a flair.  I knew that I wanted to wear a cozy sweater, and it had been forever since I wore this one.  I paired it with a lace mini and ankle booties to dress it up a bit.

Ring:  Earthbound Trading Co.
A note about this skirt - I had it in a box of clothes to sell on eBay.  I was planning to get rid of it because I thought that it was too girly and "young" for a mid-to-late thirtysomething.  I didn't really wear it much, and it seemed to just be taking up closet space.

But, recently, I had found myself thinking about the skirt and wanting to wear it.  Not only did I decide that my self-imposed age restrictions regarding this skirt were silly, but I hiked the skirt up a bit and decided to wear it as a shorter mini.  Rules, be damned!! ;-D

Hope you've had a wonderful day, however you're spending it!!! 

For this sweater in another look, see here.
For this skirt in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!