5.09.2013

Minty Fresh: Spring-ify your Workwear

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a fabulous day!  The weather was beautiful today, and it finally feels like spring has sprung!
Jacket:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
For work, I paired a dark spearmint green blazer with black pants and a soft ivory blouse.  This is my favorite shade of green, and I just love how it managed to give a spring-y vibe to the black pants.
Earrings:  The Limited (Available here)
Tank:  Old Navy Petites (Similar here)
Tote: The Limited
My work wardrobe doesn't change much when the weather gets warmer.  I love my jackets, and chilly office air-conditioning usually makes layering necessary.
Necklace:  The Limited (Available here)
I do try to incorporate spring into my work wardrobe using these three criteria:

1.  Color - Adding in the bright colors helps your work wardrobe come alive with the colors of nature in the spring.

2.  Non-black neutrals - I love my black and don't completely give it up in the spring (e.g. my black pants), but adding in more whites, tan, taupe, soft grey, and navy can help a work wardrobe read more spring-like.

3.  Prints - I definitely tend to steer towards solids with interesting details, but when I do choose prints, I opt for florals, polka dots, and bold graphic prints during the spring.  Houndstooth and other plaids, pinstripes, and animal prints generally read for fall/winter.
Bracelet:  Target (old)
Shoes:  Target (old)
How do you change up your work wardrobe for spring?





 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!